Dissent Labs Ski Socks
Here’s what impressed me about the GFX Compression socks:
- They stay locked on while touring
- The fit and quality last the entire season
- Significantly reduced blisters and hot spots, even on warm days
- They are warm. I can endure an estimated 8-10 °F colder than with previous socks I’ve worn
- Well-designed graduated compression fits perfectly around the instep, ankle, and toes, providing a comfortable fit and increased circulation. The socks maintained the same level of compression throughout the season.
- Above average moisture-wicking capabilities
- I might get an entire second season out of them. Stay tuned.
- Wife-certified—the Dissent sock-pile in our closet does not smell.
Wool versions: According to Josh at Dissent Labs, they collaborated with Hoji on the design and testing of their Merino line. Check out, Dissent Labs, Hoji-Relentless.
Two cautions: They are expensive. Are happy feet worth the price? I think so. Also, if you have large calves, you might struggle with Dissents, or any compression sock for that matter.
Backcountry skiing has provided Paul Rogers with incredible happiness, lasting friendships, and the opportunity to traverse the snowscape across Europe and North America. He founded Powder Cloud to help others safely find the same.